Although exercise is vital in achieving optimal health and great looking skin, germs and bacteria at fitness facilities can sometimes be hazardous to both!
Here are FIVE ways you can protect yourself and your skin from being harmed at the gym by fungus, bacteria, germs and more:
- Keep a barrier like an item of clothing or a towel between your skin and equipment that others touch.
- Bring your own exercise mat.
- Wear earbuds rather than over-ear headphones when working out.
- Wear flip flops in the shower.
- Avoid touching your face at the gym.
Get your workout done faster!
Here are FIVE ways to make your workout more productive:
- Make a plan before you get to the gym so you aren’t spending time trying to come up with the next exercise.
- Make your water ICE cold because it’s absorbed faster.
- Make a playlist of your favorite power tunes.
- Repeat the same exercise at least three times in repetitions of 12.
- Plan your workout week so each muscle group is being isolated and has time to recover.
We all know exercising is great for your physical and mental health, but did you know it’s good for your skin’s health too?
Here are FIVE ways that exercising can keep you looking young:
- Increases collagen production.
- Delivers more nutrients to skin cells.
- Tightens skin.
- Reduces signs of stress.
- Lowers cortisol and sugar levels in the blood which cause wrinkles and fine lines.
Research shows that these FIVE high energy moves can deliver the same fat-melting perks of a 50-minute jog in just one minute!
- Jumping lunges
- Squat curls
You manage to fit in the gym, but sometimes your hands can pay the price.
Here are the top FIVE ways to keep your hands soft and smooth despite the gym.
- Wear gym gloves.
- If gloves aren’t your thing, use chalk.
- DON’T pick calluses.
- Soak your hands in warm water and Epsom salt daily.
- MOISTURIZE! MOISTURIZE! MOISTURIZE!